Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

Charity, Mate

Yesterday saw me rather busy. After a building burnt down at work, and my building was closed as a precaution, I am having a few compulsary days off. It was lucky really because it meant I could spend all yesterday morning baking for the charity dance party.

Every year our dance teacher organises a party where people come and dance and stuff. It raises money for the British Heart Foundation. As my part, I planned to take along some food. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies I make were so popular at the last party, that I decided to make a double batch for this bigger party. I also made some punjabi spiced coriander breadsticks with a tandoori dip.

At lunchtime I did a bit of photography. I took some photos of smoke from an incense stick. Sounds dull, doesn't it? In fact, you can produce some lovely abstracts:



I'll be posting more on my photoblog in due course, if you're interested.

Come the evening, I had to go off early to my evening class, where I'm learning picture framing. Today our tutor talked out the types of mouldings that make the frame. He showed us briefly how to make a frame, although I then left and headed to the salsa party, where my Mum, Sister and Daisy had already arrived.

It was a good night, although the we didn't do a whole lot of dancing. Our teacher had control of the music machine too, and did have it up rather loud. I'm surprised some of the old people who had turned up to watch didn't have a heart attack. Our teacher's daughter is also a dance teacher and she gave us a quick hot-and-funky routine, which is the kind of stuff you see the dancers on top of the pops doing. I think I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack after that.

We won a big box of Maltesers on the raffle, and Mum won a bottle of wine. I believe they raised over £150 on the raffle, and near £1000 for the whole evening.
Comments:
Wow it sounds like they did well with the charity thing.

The picture's good, I would never have guessed it was an incense stick! Did the smoke make those colours on its own?
 
Yeah, that is a cool pic. At first glance I thought it was some computer generated thing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?