Saturday, May 14, 2005

 

Pizza

Tonight we made one of our usual pizza extraveganzas. They taste wonderful - much better than shop bought pizzas - and are much cheaper than shop bought pizzas too.

We have a bread machine, and make the pizza base ourselves. Basically you bung the following ingredients into the bread pan and mix it on dough mode (which takes an hour and a half on our machine):


Tonight I also put in 1 tablespoon of rosemary. When it's ready, roll it out on a floured surface and transfer to a greased and floured baking tray. Let it rise for 20 minutes. This is when you can prepare the vegetables and part-cook the sausages. Also put the oven on to pre-heat at 200 degrees C.


Pizza base rising.

We usually use the following selection of vegetables, along with some sausages.



Pizza Ingredients


Ingredients Prepared

Once the base has risen for about 20 minutes, tomato passata (we use Tesco's Finest Passata with Garlic) is spread about on top. You can also sprinkle the top with oregano, to give is a nice herby flavour, and/or sprinkle some cajun spice over the top to give it a bit of a kick.


Base Prepared

Then, the ingredients are liberally and evenly sprinkled all over the top. Usually in the order of onions, peppers & chilli, then mushrooms. If you want you could grate some cheese all over the top, although we don't always do this, and, to be honest, don't miss it.


Ingredients on Base

Bung it all in the oven for 20 minutes, and you should end up with this:


Cooked Pizza

Here's a closeup of the layers of topping on the pizza:


Pizza Layers

This pizza is large, and will easily serve 6, or 4 very hungry people. Best of all, it isn't that high in calories. The base is the worst for dieters because of the flour (and of course the sausages), but all the vegetables are good for you. It's also LOTS cheaper to make one that buy one. One this size would cost nigh on £13 from Dominos, and wouldn't have as much topping. A rough guess, but I don't think this costs more than about £4 to make.

Do let me know if you make one. Personally, I think they're great and one of the most fun bread machine meals to make.
Comments:
That looks great. I like doing cooking things. We don't have a bread machine though.

I invented a pasta dish thing that mum really likes and my parents like my stir fries as well. I do odd things like put cinammon and lemon juice in them.
 
Bread machines are great. I would recommend anyone get one, as long as they get a good book to go with it. My mum's made jam doughnuts, and they really are delish! We've made danish pastries, garlic bins, chocolate coils, and all sortsa stuff. mmmmmmmm.

You'll have to stick your pasta recipe on your blog so we can all have a go.
 
Ah yes, I should and do the photo thing like you do. I think that's a good idea showing what the thing looks like.

Next time I make the pasta thing, I shall take photos and then I shall write the recipe up. I'm not quite sure how to do text with photos inbetween though.
 
Well, it was a REAL pain to do this layout before I found out that Hello trick for posting multiple images. You could either just post loads of images into a single post, then go into blogger and edit the post to add the text (which is what I do), or you could put all the text as captions in Hello, which, I think, is supposedly the official way to do it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?