Sunday, September 11, 2005

 

Wet Weekend

Daisy's already explained about this weekend, but I thought I'd put in my two-penneth, also. Besides... I have pictures!

I'm not sure why, maybe it was my trip to Essex, but I've been madly tired the last few days. However, we managed to cycle into town on Saturday morning, after the Slimbridge idea was ruled out, and stocked up on food. We then promptly left all this lovely new food and headed Wales-ward.

There I was met with the task of putting up 3 flat-packed drawers from Ikea. Now, I'd always thought of Ikea furniture as the same sort of cheap flat-packed crud you get from Argos, B&Q and MFI. However, I was most surprised by the quality of this stuff. Although it uses all the same funny little interlocking screws and such, and, it's true, the basic underpinning of the furniture is chipboard, the outer veneer is actually real wood veneer - not fake printed stuff. Certain parts were also MDF, which increased the furniture strength and weight. For the price, I thought it was pretty good.

So, here are my efforts. Do you like them?




Sunday afternoon I just flaked out. Not sure what's up with me. I'm only 29, for Pete's sake (whoever Pete might be).

On the way home we stopped briefly at the lovely town of Tintern in the Wye Valley. I've driven through this pretty little abbey town loads of times during my days of courting Daisy, and since when visiting Mother-in-Law, but I'd never stopped to take photos. Having a photography blog to up-keep, I decided I would stop and take some. The light was getting bad - rain, and late evening - but I still managed to rattle some off prior to heading back home.

This one is Daisy's favourite:



I have to take the remainder of my holidays before the end of September (academic year and all that), so I'm taking Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off next week. Unfortunately, I have to go in and do a software demonstration on Wednesday - one of the days the petrol people are considering their blockades... Typical!
Comments:
Ooh. Euro chic! I love furniture that you can't pronounce the names of.

Ahh. I love the British countryside, in all it's moody, rainy glory.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?