Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Train Ride

Clackity clack, clackity clack
Buildings rush by, people look back.

Across from me a man studies hard
The guard stumbles through, asks to see my card
The man to my left is typing instructions
For something called livelink - sounds a contraption

Another man, quiet and older
And another, one back, over his shoulder
Flick through the metro see the day's news
Rather than look out and enjoy the views

A hot air balloon flits past the window
Hope its ok it seemed quite low
A phone in the carriage cries out its ring
But no one else notices, despite the din.

So, I've come from london
I'm on the fast train
Only 10 minutes til I'm in a car again
Then 40 minutes and back home I will be
Where I'm going to hug my wife and kiss her times three!
Comments:
Nice.
 
Cool :)
 
I went to my 'puter to post a good thought,
Then went to your blog, for your thoughts I saught.

Found a cool poem, I really must say,
Now I must pee, so have a swell day.

(Hold your applause, I'm not poet laureate yet)

~E.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?