Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Where did the Long Summer Days go?

I don't know where the time is going recently. Days are flying by in flits of er things... Blogs are getting unattended to!

On Monday we went up my parent's place to grab some of the plums they have on a tree in their garden. Daisy's going to make a plum pie apparantly, although its still yet to arrive :o) The tree is quite tall:



...so I ended up using a rake to "grab" the plums with the prongs and pull them off. Worked quite effectively. I think we stripped the tree of all the decent plums that the wasps hadn't already got.



Then when we left my folks we trundled up a country lane near by, parked up and began our bounty hunt. It's wonderful to think all this free food is out there. We will get some blackberries, but this time we were hunting hazelnuts. In fact, in the 30 minutes we were there, we managed to get a goodly amount:



They still need stripping of their outer shells and cups, so they'll be a bit smaller but it's probably saved us a few quid buying shop packaged ones. They might even taste nicer, and will be perfect for all those yummy cakes!
Comments:
Ah goody hazelnuts, I didn't realise they were out now. We used to go and collect them with my grandparents but I havent done that for ages.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?