Saturday, August 20, 2005

 

Wedding Videography

In 30 minutes I'm off into Poole to do some wedding videography. I'm not one of the wedding guests, and I'm not the official videographer, yet I'm still going to be videoing it.

Why? My sister runs a horse and carriage business for weddings, and when she was first starting up I did some videos of some of the weddings she did that she could use for her advertising. The videos were effectively a wedding from her point of view - all the getting ready, the before, during and after with the tidying up. This is what I'm doing again today. The reason I'm doing it is that the person getting married knows my sister and my sister wants to be able to give him this video as a present. I don't know if he'll have his own videographer, and if so I usually do my best to keep out of their way -- after all, they're there to do a job, and I'm only really there for "something nice". However, I will always get shots that the professional videographer won't, because I cycle along side the carriage on my bicycle doing some videoing. Even if the professional videographer does something similar with their car, they'll have the engine noise. I usually rush ahead, stop, video them going by, then rush ahead again; each time I rush ahead I video them as I overtake. It works quite well, although holding my breath so I hold the camera still and you can't here me puffing has to be the hardest bit.


Comments:
wow!!! I want a horse and carriage at my wedding.

Did you have one at yours?
 
No, we didn't. My sister wanted to attend our wedding, so we couldn't have her doing the horses - and we certainly couldn't help the opposition! We ended up having our wedding on a boat.
 
What lovely photos :) awww, I want to get married now. It's so lovely!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?