Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Spicy Italian Tuna Steak



Last night I went all cheffy again (even though I wasn't really feeling like it) having decided last week I was going to buy some tuna steaks and do something cheffy.

We had a bunch of tomatoes going off in the fridge from when Daisy's Mum was down to visit (about 3 weeks ago now) and so I decided to use these to make a tomato-based sauce to cover the tuna.


The sauce consisted of:



Bung all the ingredients for the sauce into a masher of some sort and blend until its not too smooth.




I fried the tuna (for slightly too long in fact - but then I'm not really a chef, so I live and learn!) and then cooked the tuna in the sauce in the pan for 10-15 minutes.



I then served it up with some boiled baby new potatoes, and some garden peas (tinned unfortunately, but there you go!)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?