Monday, July 04, 2005

 

Welsh Weekend

This weekend we went back up to Wales to see my mother-in-law. A couple of months ago mother-in-law decided she was going to move down nearer us. She thought that to make her house more sellable she'd rip up the carpet and get some new furniture - which meant getting rid of the old stuff, of course.

However, 2 months later her house is still in that state, so visiting has come particularly uncomfortable. However, we did at least go and visit a number of sofa shops full of desperate salesmen hovering around the doors all trying to be first to pounce on the unsuspecting customers.

<welsh>"Hello, my name's Roger... come in, make yourself comfortable.. would you like a coffee?"</welsh>

We found some very nice sofas. I can certainly recommend the Alexander from DFS.

"Hi, how're you getting on? Our sofas come with a buy-now-pay later policy, and I'm sure we can do a deal for you."

Later, Mother-in-law would drag out of the poor salesman the actual deal they might be able to offer.

"Don't forget my name - it's Roger. I don't want you to forget because I gotta reach my targets."

Of course, Mother-in-law walked out of the shops leaving a trail of broken-hearted salesman behind. "I never intended to buy today - I like to do my research"

Anyway, we got back home just in time to see the men's final, and watch Andy Roddick get thouroughly Rogered. Not by a sofa salesman, though.


Wimbledon Watching

Yes, I had to watch it from the floor.
Comments:
You should have camped out at a furniture store! Well, maybe not. Haha.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?