Friday, July 22, 2005

 

Pumpkins and Butterflies

Our pumpkins have come into flower, and I thought you might wanna see. They're pretty big now, and are covering a large area of ground. I'm really quite excited by it. I put my hand in the shot for a bit of scale.



I just been outside doing a patch of emergency gardening; I was outside and noticed that there was lots of holes in our brussell sprouts. They had looked good last night. When I looked I saw a snail nestling in the centre of one. I threw it out, but as I was getting it I noticed a strange patch on one of the leaves. It was a perfectly laid out grid of eggs! Not far from it was a caterpillar. I squashed tha caterpillar and rubbed the eggs off. When I turned over other leaves there were other patches. And on the broccoli! I rubbed them all off (at least, all the ones I could see) and squashed another 5 caterpillars. Must be the time of year for butterflies and moths to lay. Gotta keep an eye on that otherwise they'll eat the whole patch!!
Comments:
A girl thought she was a pumpkin. And I've picture of it.
 
Wow they're looking big, I think they've got more leaves than mine. I must find somewhere to plant the others...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?