Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Hoverfly

This morning I went up to my parents' place in the hope that my monitor would be delivered today - alas it wasn't... couriers tend not to work on Saturdays (or do B2B stuff only), so I was prepared for it not to arrive. However, I took the opportunity to take my camera up to my folks and snipe around their flowers for bugs to take pictures of. I was fortunate to see quite a few bugs I've not yet had the chance to take photos of previously.

In particular, I came across the stunning display of aviation by a hoverfly. These are a couple of the pictures I got (click the images to get a larger view).

Hoverfly sitting on a Marigold


Hoverfly in flight


I have set up another blog to which I post photos (almost daily). Due to a tendancy I have to sit with my feet curled over, this site is called CurlyToes Photography. Hope you'll drop in and leave me some comments on my attempts at photography.
Comments:
Wow that hoverfly looks really nice! It's all perfect. I wouldn't have thought it would look like that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?