Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

Biscuits and Cakes

Well, last night my wife and I spent alot of the evening cooking. It was perhaps a little extreme but for tonight's salsa party, to signify the start of our teacher's 2 month holiday, I made some biscuits - as requested by Garry and Biscuits (of course) - and Dayzee made some fairy cakes topped with a creamy butter-icing.

The recipes for the biscuits I made are already online, so with a nod to Tim Berners-Lee I figured I should just link to them. Firstly I made Chocolate Chip Ginger Biscuits, from Delia Smith's Website. Everything Delia puts down as a recipe will work for Mr.Layman in Mr.Layman's kitchen, and these biscuits are yum-diddly. I've made them before, so I haven't yet tried any of the ones I made last night, despite the temptation to do so. I also made Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies which are much softer biscuits, and much richer. These are absolutely gorgeous and I've made these 5 times now, and can never get enough of them. Dayzee made Fairy Cakes, although unlike this recipe she coated them in a luxurious butter icing from Cakes & Cake Decorating by Angela Nilsen, Sarah Maxwell and Janice Murfitt (I should get commission on sales of this book!). Her visionary plan was to slice the tops off the cakes and place them upright in the icing, so they look like butterfly wings. However, they didn't rise quite enough and a brave attempt ended in us sharing the mangled masterpiece. The other cakes were content with their white, round toupé.


From left to right: Chocolate Chip Ginger Biscuits, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies, Butter-Icing Fairy Cakes


We'll take them all to our party, tonight, and maybe there'll be some photos of people scoffing their faces tomorrow.
Comments:
Oh yes, those choc chip peanut butter biscuits sound and looks spectacular. Good work! Wish I could taste some.
 
Yum - I'll try the peanut butter ones. Ta!
 
I've been wanting to make some food type things for a while, maybe I'll make some of these!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?