Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Terribly Naughty

It's been exactly four years ago today that my wife and I met for the first time. We actually met on the internet, on an IRC channel, but our first face-to-face meeting happened in Exeter on June 9th 2001, exactly four years ago. It was a slightly strange meeting, as it kind of felt like we knew each other, but at the same time had never actually met. We went on an old bus tour (that is an old bus, not an old tour) of Plymouth and visited the aquarium there.

Anyway, to celebrate this momentous anniversary, I bought my wife a box of chocolates. Somewhat out of proportion, and in no way commensurate with the amount of money spent on the chocolates, I was terribly naughty and ordered myself a Nikon D70, while Nikon's £100 cashback offer still exists. The best deal still seemed to exist at 7dayshop.com (with the exception of Ebay, if you can accept the risks involved). I really can't wait to get it, and, according to 7dayshop, is shipped in 24 hours by Royal Mail Special Delivery, so maybe I will get it in time for our outing to the Wimborne Folk Festival! We will also go into Poole at the weekend and I'll get my photos that I took throughout the week back, the old-fashioned way. Look out for lots of photo posts in the coming week!!

Tomorrow, at work, we have an "away day". This is one of those insidious days where you are supposed to meet new people, build links between members of your "team" but generally just have a miserable time brain-storming pointlessly about work-related stuff. I'm not looking forward to this, and worse, I even have to get up early to get in on time. Blah! Details of what happens tomorrow.
Comments:
aww that's very sweet. Happy meeting anniversary!!

I thought an 'away day' would be like being (away) on msn.
Although I'm not sure what that would involve
 
Good choice of camera. For weeks now I have been perusing through countless reviews and have finally come to the same decision. You'll find excellent review of the D70 at kenrockwell.com, he especially recommends the 18-70mm zoom lens.

The price in the UK is very high, 679 pounds equates to 1000 Euros for the kit. I will most likely place an order at www.computeruniverse.de, the same kit costs 819 Euros there.

Oh, and happy anniversary !
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?