Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

Macro Insects and Bugs

More photos from that film! These were again taken with my Nikon FM2n using an old Carl Zeiss 50mm lens reversed on the front, and a variable number of extension tubes. These were all lit using the Sun, which made it a little difficult to get any depth-of-field. Click the pictures to get a [slightly] larger view.


Ladybird

Shiny turquoise bug (don't have a bug book yet!) on a Geranium

Alien Fly

Ambushed - a spider gets a bee for dinner

Don't Jump! - A tiny beetle teeters on the edge of an Osteospermum petal

Green Bug-Eyed Monster - An aphid on an Osteospermum
Comments:
Ooh I like that weird black fly, and that poor bee!
 
Scary!! Wee beasties!! Very cool pics though.

I sha;ll have to work out how to take close ups with my expensive camera. I've been saying that for months though!!

My sister in law will grumble at me because I bought the camera in New York in February and have been too lazy to read the instruction manual.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?