Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Infestation

This morning at breakfast Daisy spotted a tiny tiny little catepillar waddling across our dining table. I could barely see it, and had to move a bit closer.

"There's another", she said, pointing at the leaf of our rubber plant.

Sure enough, there was another one craning off the end of the leaf. As we watched, it leapt off and abseiled down towards our table. I was busy musing at the little thing lowering itself down, when Daisy shrieked.

On the ceiling there was a whole colony of them. It looked like a tiny dirt patch from normal level, but getting closer it was a swarm of around 100 of the things. There was another colony further over, and another.


Ewwwww

Under my microscope-like D70, you can see they're not at all nice. They were about 1-2mm long, and looked barely the width of a hair. We got rid of them with a good sucking of the Dyson.


The demise of the little rascals at the hose of the vacuum cleaner
Comments:
Oh dear, poor things, but I wouldn't like them in my house either. We had an infestation of bluebottles once in our sitting room. They were coming from the chimney. We presume they came from maggots feeding off a dead bird up there. There were hundreds and hundreds of them flying about the room. At first, we were just aware of quite a few bluebottles around the window, but when we looked down at the fireplace there were a lot more crawling around there and we realised that's where they were coming from.

My sister in law found a giant cockroach in her kitchen the other day. I didn't see it, I'm glad to say. Apparently it was about 15cm long. It's the third time she has found one in the house so she is getting pest control in. I'm glad we don't have things like that in the British Isles, at least I don't think we do.
 
Argh! I hate it when things like that pop up. Once my sister was sunbathing in the garden. She opened her eyes and the garden was covered with flying ants! But she couldn't open the back door because it was also covered in ants! Ugh.
 
eww.. we used to get stinkbug infestations at our old house.. they like those tree's that bloom into cotton like tufts.. they are gross and stink! bleh
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?