Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

I'll have an upset Carol

I was rather upset to find out today that Richard Whiteley has died at the young age of 61. It seems he died of pneumonia having been admitted to hospital recently.

It's rather a shame that he died so young. Despite the fact that many people took the mickey out of him, it was clear he was a harmless guy with a funny aptitude for messing up puns. I saw myself in him. I reckon I am going to become what he was, maybe without the jackets, and probably not so successful.

It might be a bit unpopular, but I want to say I thought Richard was great. I think he would have been one of the nicer celebraties to have met.
Comments:
Yes, I was quite shocked when I heard about that, it's a shame.
It's odd because I sort of expect these people to be around forever!
 
Yeah. I remember famous people dieing off when I was younger and thinking nothing much of it, but now famous people I grew up with are beginning to die it hits home that life isn't indefinite, and more to the point, I'm getting old!
 
My brother told me about it when I was in New York. I was quite surprised too. Usually with that sort of thing, people are ill for a while first, but I hadn't heard of him being ill. Was it a sudden thing??
 
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking Factobrunt! It's quite scary, mortality and all that. Argh.

Catpee - Apparently he had been in hospital for a while, I think, a month or something, or at least that's what I read on the Wanadoo news section. I wasn't aware of that either until he died.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?