Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

Busy day

It's supposed to be a Saturday - today's been busier than a regular work day.

Although I got up late (despite an early night) we got straight to work. We headed out to Wimborne to do some shopping. I was pleased that we decided to utilise the local green-grocers rather than to kowtow to the big supermarkets. However, we still needed to utilise Somerfield, as there was some stuff that we needed that only they do. We took a load of old clothes to the Help the Aged charity shop, and we bought our first Christmas present for my sister! Now that's forethought.

We headed home and scoffed the lunch we treated ourselved to and, after seeing the end of the Federer-Kiefe Wimbledon match, we headed back out to our local gardening supermarket, Haskins. There we bought a bird-seed dispenser that the squirrel won't be able to chew to bits, as well as buying some organic tomato feed and a hoe.

I used the hoe when we got back home to weed the veggie patch and it's awesome compared to the rake I was using before. And it only cost £10. I planted out some runner beans that have sprouted, and then cut the grass and trimmed alot of overgrown bushes and trees. Daisy was out helping to weed the lawn.

Tomorrow we are off to meet some people we know off the internet (IRC pals). We're off to Kingston Lacy house, a National Trust property nearby. We have planned a picnic, although I don't think the other guys know yet. So when we came in Daisy made some sugar-puff chocolate crunch things, and I started on dinner. Tonight we're having a chicken and vegetable curry from the Weightwatchers Time To Eat book. Once that was cooking (takes 1 hour) I began on a spiced apple cake from Cakes & Cake Decorating by Angela Nilsen, Sarah Maxwell and Janice Murfitt! The curry will be ready any minute, then I'll eat that and go bake some biscuits.

I can't wait to go to bed and have a rest!! At least all this exercise has helped my knee loosen up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?