Sunday, May 15, 2005

 

Posting Multiple Images to Blogger with Hello

I don't know what Google/Picasa are thinking. Hello and Picasa really look the part, but there's some serious flaws with them. One of these is the posting of images into Blogger using Hello. It works well, but there are some things that are terribly unintuitive. One of these is the ability to post multiple images into a single post.

The way you do it is this:



Da, daaa! How ridiculous is that? What's all this "||" stuff? [Incidentally, that's the bar symbol - the vertical line on the back-slash (at least on my UK keyboard)]. Why didn't Picasa just put a checkbox "Part of Multiple Post", or something? Pfft...

Oh, and incidentally, there is no way to post as a draft from Hello - it has to go live straight away (at least, I don't think there is - if you know different do let me know). That's a bit crap too. It means I have to go in and put edits in on a live post, should I wish to change it.

Anyway, thought it may be of interest to someone who, like me, has been posting a single picture, going into Blogger, copying and pasting the link into a different post, and all that rubbish.
Comments:
Ah, thank you. Just today I had been wondering how to put lots of pictures into one post. Last time I posted several pictures that I had wanted to be together, I just did them as separate posts which didn't really give the effect I wanted.

I have some pictures of puffballs that I think shall put together as a multiple thing.

Hello is a silly thing. Apart from sounding like a magazine, there is that bloggerbot thing that you are supposed to chat to, only it never mentions the weather or what's happening in Eastenders. You know I don't think it's a real person at all!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?