Sunday, April 24, 2005

 

Sun and Rain Day

This morning I was playing around with my instruments, but couldn't seem to get my bass to work. Turns out that I'd forgotten it was an active bass, and that there is a battery inside. I opened it up to find a dead battery, but didn't have a replacement.


Insides of my bass guitar.

My wife and I went over to Haskins garden centre this afternoon. It was lovely weather when we left, but it's now got pretty nasty. We succomb terribly easily to buying stuff at that place, despite being rather poor gardeners. But we went over there especially for some fat snacks for our garden birds, and for a venus flytrap to eat the flies that we enevitably have hanging around our compost bin. Here's the one we bought, and it's already had a nasty little fly that was batting around our bathroom:


Venus Flytrap

We both also took a fancy to small gardening set to grow mexican-style vegetables - peppers, chillis and 'love apples' - a kind of tomato. As soon as we got back my wife planted them up:


Mexican Windowsill gardening kit.

I also bought a tiny little kit (really for kids) that grows what they call a sensitive plant (a Mimosa Pudica). I planted this up, and it had to be covered up until the seeds germinate:


Mimosa Pudica seeds

So, that's pretty much all we've managed today. Tonight we've got a lovely looking roast chicken we bought at Somerfield yesterday... and why not have a picture of it and make your mouth water too (if you're not vegetarian that is - apologies if you are):


Roast Chicken - yummy
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?