Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Aching Eyes

When I woke up this morning I knew I wasn't going to go to work. I'm not on holiday, either. I had a thick head, my eyes ached and my hands were hurting from RSI - it was not comfortable. I could have struggled into my car, paracetamol in my stomach, and fought the madness that is the motorway, but I just couldn't be arsed. I do work from home fairly regularly (although I recently found out that my boss isn't too keen on the idea - but that's another post!), so staying home to work wasn't all that unusual. But, despite feeling better now I'm dosed up on drugs, I still can't be arsed to do work. The ergonomic keyboard isn't helping my hand... the monitor isn't helping my eyes... I just feel a bit crap.

I saw a trailer on TV for Trisha a few weeks back that seemed to suggest they were going to have an interesting discussion about whether men have dips and lulls in the way they feel during the month. They made out they'd show some men who have bad moments, just like some women are worse during their pre-menstrual moments. But, it wasn't like that, as I should have suspected. They had on some women who were complaining their husbands were grumpy. The 'grumpy' men came on and grumped about a couple of things and then a panel of women 'experts' told them if they were unreasonably grumpy or not. No science. Just Lowry Turner telling the husbands to sort themselves out. I used to like Lowry Turner before that show.

It's a shame they didn't deliver what they promised, as I do believe men go through hormonal cycles during the month, as every so often (never actually timed it, but..) I get on a downer. Anyone know if this is true?

I know I'll be ok soon, but my achey limbs and head and the thought of another year or so of office work (contract's just been extended at work), isn't floating my boat. The sooner I get my internet business up and running the better.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?