Saturday, October 08, 2005

 

Stuff

It's been another one of those weeks were I seem to have been busy, yet can't really remember why. I actually had to be in work most of this week, which always takes up more time, with the hour's commute each way - ugh. Anyway, our poor little blog has gotten a bit neglected.

On Tuesday night I started a new evenings class on how to frame pictures. It is run by a person who used to own a local picture framing company that he sold in 2000. He is going to teach us how to choose and cut mountings, how to cut the mouldings to make the frame itself, although he can't teach us how to cut the glass due to health and safety. It's only 6 week course, so it should be good. I've got to get myself a mount cutter this week, so we're off to Hobbycraft today to see if they have one. If not, I'll probably get on online from Longridge.

We are still going to our "delivering learning" evening class on Wednesday nights. I'm enjoying it more so now, even though we're having to do more presentations these days, and in a few weeks we are going to have to deliver a "micro-teaching" session, or 30 minutes, to our fellow learners. I think I will do it on internet security!

Thursday nights are still free, but Friday's are taken up with our salsa dance lessons, which are getting quite energetic these days. I'm really chuffed how my wife and I are getting on though, and really enjoy strutting our stuff (as long as no-one is watching!).

And so Saturday arrives, and I have a lie in, and now it's time to think about going out doing a bit of shopping. Maybe it would be good to take the camera. I emailled a company last night who are after amateur and professional photographers for photographs to make Christmas cards and such from. I'm quite excited about maybe having my photos in print, although I must make sure not to get my hopes up, as I am, after all, only using a Digital SLR, although that should be high enough resolution for postcards, at least. Don't forget to check out my latest photos at my photo blog :o)

Anyway, late as it is, it's time for a shower and to get dressed so I can make my way out into the wide world and buy a mount cutter. Such an exciting life :o)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?