Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Nobby's

It's not often I feel compelled to write about the virtues of a packet of crisps, but today I had for the first time a packet of Nobby's Barbeque Rib flavour crisps and they were absolutely goregous. I'd had some Nobby's Balti Chicken crisps some time before, but they don't [quite] match up to the BBQ ones. I don't eat crisps often, but when I do I am almost definitely going to buy Nobby's again. I hadn't realised that they were made by Walkers Crisps (having no mention of the Walkers brand on the packet - even in the small print) and was going to say what a wonderful entrance into the market the people behind Nobby's have made, but as it turns out Walkers have alot of clout so it's not so surprising any longer. These crisps are, according to the Walkers site, apparantly aimed at "today's 17-34 year old males (28% of the population - about 16.5 million people!)" and are "a range of blokes snacks including ridged crips, nuts and coated nuts, all in real food flavours". After a month of being released they were bigger than McCoys Specials, which just goes to show how much effect marketing has, as the packets contain almost the same stuff.
Comments:
Ah I haven't tried them, I must say I was a bit scared by the advert hahaha. I noticed they've stopped showing those ads now.
 
I haven't heard of them. I don't know if we have them here. We don't really have much Walker's crisps. We have our own Tayto crisps which are the best crisps in the world. Unfortunately, they are currently going about changing the logo and things and they have "improved" the crisps. I hate when food manufacturers "improve" food products, they always make them taste worse. They did that with the Mariner's Pie I used to get and with Bird's Eye Chicken Tikka Masala which was my favourite but now it's all horrible.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?